ExCeL is London’s largest conference and exhibition venue. This venue is situated alongside Canary Warf and London City Airport in a stunning Waterfront setting by Royal Victoria Dock. All within easy access to central London. Take a virtual tour to explore the venue.
Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway
Getting to ExCeL London
London has six international airports, all accessible from the venue via public transport, including London City which is only a few minutes away from ExCeL London. For more info click here.
Via Public Transport
All DLR trains towards Beckton and Gallions Reach will stop at Custom House, which is in Zone 3. The Elizabeth line towards Abbey Wood will stop at Custom House for ExCeL, which is in Zone 3. Alight at Custom House, follow signs to ExCeL (don’t forget to tap out). Follow signs to the venue entrance, then walk down the boulevard staying on the right-hand side until you reach entrance “S6”. You can also refer to our wayfinding which is located throughout the venue.
Please let the driver know that the postcode for the taxi drop-off point is E16 1XL. Go up the steps or the ramp from the taxi rank, you will then be located at the west entrance. Walk down the boulevard staying on the right-hand side until you reach entrance “S6”. You can also refer to our wayfinding which is located throughout the venue.
Access to Exhibition Hall for Contractors
The exhibition will take place in Halls S11 & S12 (Boulevard Entrance S6).
During Build-up & Breakdown Days
Gallions Reach Traffic Facility
Construction of ExCeL London’s expansion project is currently underway. The project will deliver an additional 25,000 sqm of premium event space, seamlessly integrated into the existing venue once complete. To achieve a successful transformation, we are amending the way we operate the site during the build-up and breakdown of events.
From time to time, we will be required to stand up our temporary Traffic Facility located at Gallions Reach. At this temporary facility, you will be guided by the ExCeL Traffic Team to a parking zone. From here, you’ll attend the Traffic Management Office where you will be provided with your Lorryway Access Documentation (LAD) to access the venue. Once you have collected your access documentation, please return to your vehicle, and await instructions from the ExCeL Traffic Team, who will be in communication with the venue to provide a time slot for you to proceed to the Lorryway.
Please follow the instructions in the Traffic Management Procedures – Gallions Reach Booking Facility 2023.
Entry to Halls from Boulevard Entrance S6
Once you have arrived at ExCEL London, please follow the signs to entrance S6.
When you’ve arrived at the Halls Entrance, Security will ensure that you have read the site rules and issue a wristband/sticker for your entry during build-up days.
On-site parking is paid and displayed and costs £20 for 24-hrs parking. All machines in the Orange car park accept card payments. Machines accepting cash are available at the two entrances to the venue from the car park. For more info click here.
Click here to download the parking map which shows you the location of the car park. Please note that the facility is only suitable for vehicles under 1.9m high.
ExCeL London is now within the ULEZ zone. Scan the QR code to check whether your vehicle is subject to the ULEZ charge and find out how to pay.
Full information about getting to the venue can be found here.
Stay safe and avoid exhibitor scams; EAGE has appointed official suppliers for the EAGE Digitalization Conference & Exhibition 2023 that are listed under “Official Suppliers” on this website. In case of any doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Build-up (Space Only):
- Saturday, 18 March 2023: 12:00 – 20:00hrs
- Sunday, 19 March 2023: 08:00 – 18:00hrs
- Build-up (Booth Package):
- Sunday, 19 March 2023: 15:00 – 18:00hrs
- Opening Hours Exhibition:
- Monday, 20 March 2023: 08:30 – 19:00hrs
- Tuesday, 21 March 2023: 08:30 – 18:00hrs
- Wednesday, 22 March 2023: 08:30 – 18:00hrs
- Networking Reception:
- Monday, 20 March 2023: 17:00 – 19:00hrs
- Breakdown Exhibition:
- Wednesday, 22 March 2023: 18:30 – 22:00hrs
*NOTE: Time schedule subject to changes
This section contains important information for Booth Package and Space Only stands.
It is the responsibility of the exhibitor to ensure that the company(s) in control of their stand design(s), construction, their employees, exhibition staff, temporary staff, or any relevant third party complies with all rules & regulations including the latest legislation regarding health and safety at work.
Please read EAGE’s Exhibition Terms & Conditions and the relevant parts that have been highlighted and relevant to ExCEL London in the E-guide on Working in Venues in the UK carefully:
- Section 2 – 28 Days’ Notice Required by the venue – Page 3
- Section 8 – Build-up and Breakdown – Page 11
- Section 11 – Connectivity (Wi-Fi) – Page 25
- Section 17 – Electrical Installation & Testing – Page 36
- Section 25 – Health and Safety Responsibilities – Page 68
- Section 28 – Lifting Operations – Page 72
- Section 34 – Platforms and Stages – Page 81
- Section 35 – Product Demonstrations/ Activities on Stands – Page 83
- Section 37 – Rigging – Page 85
- Section 38 – Risk Assessment – Page 89
- Section 46 – Stand Construction – Page 107
- Section 47 – Stand Plans – Page 119
- Section 51 – Waste & Cleaning – Page 130
- Section 55 – Work Equipment/ Tools/ Processes – Page 138
- Section 56 – Working at Height – Page 140
- Section 57 – Working Machinery – Page 42
- Once you have arrived at ExCEL London, please follow the signs to Entrance S6.
- When you’ve arrived at the Halls Entrance, Security will ensure that you have read the site rules and issue a wristband/sticker for your entry during build-up/breakdown days.
- A valid pass is required for maintenance and access during early exhibition entrance and exhibition opening hours. Please write to our Exhibitions Team to enquire: Contact us.
- Removal of exhibits before Wednesday, 22 March 2023, 18:00 hrs is strictly prohibited.
- *Time schedule subject to changes
Strict security rules require that nobody is allowed into the exhibition hall without a valid registration/badge during (1) maintenance as well as (2) show days. This applies also to exhibitors and contractors.
Exhibitors who wish to work on their booths after the opening hours of the exhibition can do so until half an hour after closing time. If the work exceeds this time, there will be a surcharge per exhibitor. Preferably, maintenance should be carried out in the morning between 07:30 – 08:00 hrs. No work will be permitted during the opening hours of the exhibition.
More details about obtaining maintenance access will be made available soon.
For any other enquiries, please Contact us.
Health, Safety and Environment
EAGE expects all involved in the build-up, show days and breakdown of the exhibition at all levels, to comply with their legal duties. This includes cooperating with us on health and safety matters and taking care of their own health and safety and that of others, whether from within or from outside the company, who may be affected by their actions.
For safety reasons, we advise everyone to wear safety shoes during the build-up and breakdown of the exhibition.
ExCeL works with the industry best practice document for health and safety – the AEV eGuide. This is guidance for achieving common standards of health, safety and operational planning, management and on-site conduct for events at all participating AEV member venues. This includes wearing a high visibility jacket and safety shoes for anyone attending the site during build and breakdown.
On arrival at the venue, the organiser will issue you and your contractor with an emergency procedures guide, which you should read carefully, but you may wish to familiarise yourself with the following in advance.
On discovering a fire, break the glass on the nearest manual call point (coloured red), which is located adjacent to all exits, or contact the Security Suite by dialling 4444 on an internal telephone immediately.
Do not touch or move any suspicious or unattended item but report it to the Security Suite, by dialling 4444 on an internal telephone.
If your stand is by, or on the route to, an emergency exit or the aisle must be clear. Anything left there will be removed by the cleaning team. Please ensure that your team are briefed accordingly.
In case of an emergency, please contact the nearest security guard.
Use the (emergency) exits to leave the building.
- Always put your own safety first
- Always follow the instructions given by emergency services
- Stay calm and prevent panic
First aid facilities are in place during the event including during the stand build-up and breakdown periods. There is an onsite medical team who can act in response to minor injuries and advanced life support with full diagnostic capabilities comparable to the ambulance service. There are two fully equipped medical rooms including a diagnostic 12-lead electrocardiogram and five defibrillation units.
If you have a medical emergency dial 4444 from an internal telephone. If you have a medical enquiry dial 5556 from any internal telephone.
The nearest hospital is:
Newham University Hospital
Glen Road, Plaistow
London E13 8SL
The exhibition area is a secured area and only accessible with valid accreditation. EAGE expressly declines responsibility for any loss or damage that may befall the person or property of any exhibitor from any cause whatsoever.
Each exhibitor exhibits at his own risk.
EAGE and ExCeL London, do not accept any responsibility for damage to, or loss of, any properties caused by Exhibitors or Contractors. Exhibitors are especially warned that all exhibits are the sole responsibility of the Company/Individual to whom they belong. Exhibitors must effect their own insurance against all risks. The strongest possible precautions against opportunist theft should be taken at all times.
EAGE is not responsible for any loss sustained by exhibitors from fire, theft, damage or any other cause, or for personal injury or loss to or by any person employed by the exhibitor or any third party.
Exhibitors shall have no claim whatsoever against EAGE and/or ExCEL London.
EAGE will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by the exhibitors resulting from the cancellation or curtailment of the exhibition for any reason whatsoever.
Exhibitors operating sound-producing equipment must keep the sound at a reasonable volume, of which a sound level of 60 decibels or more (measured at the corner of the stand) will not be exceeded, in order to avoid disturbing other exhibitors. Public address systems, laser shows, radio broadcasts and other devices used solely to attract attention by sound are prohibited. EAGE reserves the right to regulate and/or restrict any sound.
It is not permitted for exhibit staff to hand out any brochures, leaflets, commercial information, gifts or any other material in the aisles, or any other part of the premises, except for the exhibitors’ own stand.
Smoking inside the venue is prohibited.
The installation of electrical work by any person other than the appointed supplier (more information will be made available soon) is expressly prohibited. No person other than a member of the contractor’s staff may alter or otherwise interfere with electrical installations. All wiring must comply with regulations as defined by ExCeL London.
Exhibitors should clearly indicate the position of the required power connections when submitting designs.
Participants are not permitted to switch a neighbouring stand’s power on and/or off.
The generally approved construction height is 3.50 meters, including raised floors. No other feature or exhibit elsewhere on the stands should exceed this height. Exceptions to this rule are possible provided that the neighbours have no objection, and that organizer permission has been received in writing.
The floor in the exhibition hall is made of concrete. Exhibitors can put their carpet on top of this.
Exhibitors may cover their floor space with panels, carpets, linoleum, raised platforms etc. Floor painting is prohibited. All floor coverings must be secured and maintained so that they do not cause a hazard. Fixing of floor coverings to the hall floor may only be carried out using approved tape. Other forms of fixing to the hall floor, such as cable clips, nails and bolts are strictly prohibited. When you are building a raised floor please note that a disabled ramp/access is compulsory.
More information will be made available soon.
Freight & Delivery of Goods
The exhibitor will be responsible for the orderly conduct of deliveries and removals as well as the organization of construction and dismantling in the exhibition hall, the loading and unloading area, as well as on the public highway. EAGE has engaged Meritex International Ltd as the sole and exclusive freight forwarder and site handling agent.
Meritex International Ltd
The Coach House, 20 Northernhay Street
Exeter, Devon EX4 3ER
Tel: +44 1392 454 999
Fax: +44 1392 454 998
For more information on shipping and handling, please contact Meritex directly.
Please read this page carefully as it contains important information on other rules & regulations that must be followed.
- Stands must remain open, with exhibits on display and booth personnel on duty during opening hours;
- Canvassing in the aisles and public areas of the building and its environment is expressly prohibited;
- Emergency exits, signs indicating exits and access to rooms housing technical facilities must not be blocked or obstructed in any way by the exhibition booths or exhibits;
- Fire alarm equipment, hydrants, fire extinguishers and signs indicating such equipment should not be removed or obstructed in any way;
- No part of any booth exhibit may overhang any aisle or exceed the boundaries of the booth space rented. All sides of shell scheme booths bordering on aisles are open. At those sides of the booths no walling is allowed.
Included in the Booth package is:
- White-walled panels, Height 2.5m;
- One spotlight per 3 m²;
- One power socket;
- One main power connection 1 kW;
- A fascia with a name board in a standard style on the open sides of the booth;
- Basic and daily cleaning
- More information about additional services that can be ordered from the stand builder will be made available soon.
- It is prohibited to drive screws, nails, etc into the shell scheme panels, no wall panel may be damaged.
- Your shell scheme stand will be ready for decorating on Sunday, 19 March 2023, at 15:00hrs.
- If aisles are blocked or neighboring exhibitors complain, EAGE Events B.V. reserves the right to interrupt or impose time restrictions on demonstrations, etc.
Space Only Exhibitors
- All exhibitors having booked as “Space Only” MUST submit a copy of the stand design to the EAGE Exhibition Team for evaluation and approval no later than 13 February 2023. Please submit a clear sketch with measurements and a scaled floor plan (in meters), or a model plus a scaled drawing. This information should contain the name and address of the stand building contractor. Failure to provide a stand design for approval will result in the exhibitor not having permission to build.
- Stand design will be checked by EAGE on, amongst others, the following points:
- Joint Stand Walls: When you do not have an island booth you are requested to put in walls to divide your space from your neighbours.
- 50cm Inward Rule for Walls: Walling on the aisle sides is not allowed. Walls need to be at a minimum distance of 50cm from the aisle.
- Overhang: no part of any booth exhibit may overhang any gangway or exceed the booth boundary space rented
- Rigging and Banners: Rigging and banners will be checked on sight lines, height, overhang and size. Banners bigger than 12 square meters need to be approved by the EAGE Exhibition Team. These banners will be evaluated individually.
- Any stand designs that exceed 3.5 m in height require EAGE Exhibition Team approval. This will be done during the stand design approval process.
- EAGE and ExCeL London reserve the right to stop the building work at any time of any stand that is not fulfilling all rules specified in the rules and regulations.
- Space Only exhibitors (i.e those that do not take the booth package) will be supplied with space on the Exhibition floor ONLY.
- Space Only exhibitors (i.e those that do not take the booth package) will NOT be supplied with any walls, fascia boards, or carpet.
- Walls and/or exhibits with unfinished backs or sides that are visible to neighboring stands must be made presentable. Moreover, it is not allowed to use the walls of any adjacent space for any purpose.
- Multi-storey stands are not permitted.
These stands have aisles on all sides. No walling is allowed at the aisles. When you design this type of stand please ensure that the view of other stands and of the exhibition as a whole is not obstructed. The approved height is 250 cm, including raised platforms.
These peninsula stands have aisles on two or three sides. No walling is allowed at the aisles. When you design this type of stand please ensure that the view of other stands and of the exhibition as a whole is not obstructed.
These stands only have an aisle on one side. No walling is allowed at the aisles. When you design this type of stand please ensure that the view of other stands and of the exhibition as a whole is not obstructed.
EAGE and ExCeL London reserve the right to stop the building work at any time of any stand that is not fulfilling all rules specified in the rules and regulations.
All construction material and waste during the build-up and breakdown periods must be removed from the site by the stand builder/contractor after each of these periods.
Construction and/or Dismantling During the Exhibition Period
No constructive and/or dismantling work on stands or interiors will be permitted during the exhibition period from 20 March 2023, 08:30 hrs to 22 March 2023, 18:00 hrs.
Exhibitors may dismantle their stand between 18:30 – 20:00 hrs on Wednesday, 22 March 2023. At the end of the dismantling period, the stand space should be left clean and free of adhesive tape. All extra cleaning costs and damages will be charged to the exhibitor.
Stay safe and avoid Exhibitor scams; EAGE has appointed the following Official Suppliers for the Third EAGE Digitalization Conference & Exhibition 2023 that are listed below on this pafe. In case of any doubt, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- If you receive an offer to purchase EAGE’s delegate list, note that this is a scam as we do not sell our delegate list;
- If you are contacted by any hotel agency, note that we have 1 official partner that we work with for the Third EAGE digitalization Conference & Exhibition 2023 called “BCD M&E – Accommodation”;
If you receive a document with our name or the name of our event(s) listed which offers advertising space on the Fair Guide website or in their directories, please do not sign the form unless you have carefully read and understood the terms contained in the small print. We have no association with this company, nor have we authorized them to use our name or trademark;
- In case of doubt, please always Contact us to double-check.
Additional AV equipment can be ordered from the AV supplier, Anna Valley.
Contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphics, Furniture & Carpeting
Exhibitors can order graphics, furniture, additional electricity, shell scheme extras, and upgrade floor covering for booth packages with GES.
To order online please visit their web shop. To use the order forms visit the Downloads tab.
Contact them at: email@example.com
Exhibitors can order any additional catering for their stand directly with ExCeL Hospitality (exclusive supplier at this venue).
Contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A basic booth cleaning service before the opening of the exhibition is included in the price of participation and will be provided automatically.
For additional cleaning services, please order from the ExCEL Webshop.
A main power connection of 1 kW and a socket are included for every Booth Package exhibitor ONLY.
Electrical mains can be ordered with GES.
To order online please visit their web shop. To use the order form visit the Downloads tab.
Contact them at: email@example.com
Orders received before or on 17 February 2023 will be charged at the Early Bird price.
A fascia board is included in all Booth Packages.
Fascia board text is due via the Exhibitor Portal by 03 February 2023.
Freight & Delivery of Goods
Shipping and handling of your goods require care and attention. EAGE has engaged Meritex International Ltd as the sole and exclusive freight forwarder and site handling agent.
Worldwide Shipping Instructions – EAGE Digital 2023
EAGE Digital 2023 Tariff
Contact them at: Tel: +44 1392 454 999 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose from a range of simple, off-the-shelf banner rigging packages www.excel.london/webshop for suspending above your stand. Before you request a quote, please ensure you have permission to rig from the event organiser. If you have more complex requirements, then please get in contact with our team email@example.com
Please keep the deadline of 18 February 2023 in mind.
Please note that rigging objects can only be hung above the exhibitor’s space and not over aisle ways.
Banners bigger than 36sqm need to be approved by the EAGE Exhibition Team. These banners will be evaluated individually.
Please include your banners in your stand design and send them to the EAGE Exhibition Team before 13 February 2023.
The venue reserves the right to inspect all rigging, working methods and equipment to ensure compliance and to prohibit the use of non-compliant equipment and working methods.